Prior to joining Bahrain Polytechnic,Dr. Nedal worked for seven years as a Senior Lecturer at the Centre of Islamic Finance, Bahrain Institute of Banking and Finance (BIBF). He has over twelve years of working experience in a broad range of fields, including banking, construction, auditing, teaching and training.
He holds an Accounting degree from Yarmouk University; a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) degree from Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT), Melbourne, Australia; and a PhD from University of the Sunshine Coast, Australia; he is a Certified Shariah Auditor and Advisor from Accounting and Auditing Organization for Islamic Financial Institutions (AAOIFI), Bahrain; and a Certified Islamic Professional Accountant (CIPA) from AAOIFI, Bahrain. His core areas of interest are Islamic finance, Shariah audit, futures studies and political economy.
|2016||PhD, University of the Sunshine Coast, Australia.|
|2006||MBA, RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia|
|1997||B.Sc. Business Admin. – Accounting Major, Yarmouk University, Jordan|
|2009||CSAA – Certified Shari’a Adviser and Auditor, Accounting and Auditing Organisation for Islamic Financial Institutions (AAOIFI), Bahrain|
|2007||CIPA – Certified Islamic Professional Accountant, Accounting and Auditing Organisation for Islamic Financial Institutions (AAOIFI), Bahrain|
|2008-2014||Senior Lecturer, Bahrain Institute of Banking Institute of Banking (BIBF), Bahrain.|
|2008-2008||Accountant/Credit Control Officer, Muslim Community Co-operative Australia Ltd (MCCA), Bahrain.|
|2005-2006||Vice President & Project Coordinator, FAMSY, Australia.|
|1998-2001||Auditor, Spicer and Pegler, Chartered Accountants, UAE|
Area of Research Interest
Islamic Banking and Finance, Futures Studies, Progressive Islam, and Political Economy.
- El-Ghattis, Nedal. (2016). Challenges facing education and training in Islamic banking: The case of Bahrain. Journal of Islamic Financial Studies, 2(1).
- El-Ghattis, Nedal. (2016). Deconstructing Islamic banking – History of debates, and steps to an alternative future, Foresight, 18(2). doi: 10.1108/FS-09-2015-0044
- El-Ghattis, Nedal. (2015). Tazkiah Banks: A future model for the establishment of endowment-based business start-ups. ISRA International Journal of Islamic Finance, 7(1).
- El-Ghattis, Nedal. (2015). The Arab economic integration: Implications for Islamic banking, World Future Review, 7(1), 12-29.
- Farooq, M. O., & El-Ghattis, N. (2015). Qard hasan, credit cards and Islamic financial product structuring: Some Qur’anic and practical considerations. Journal of Islamic Financial Studies, 1(1).
- El-Ghattis, Nedal. (2014). The Future of Islamic Banking in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), Journal of Futures Studies, 18(4): 27-44.
- El-Ghattis, Nedal. (2013).The Futures studies from Islamic prospective, Qassim University, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.