Aisha Mohammed Buheji
Aisha Buheji is a Tutor in the Business school at Bahrain Polytechnic with special interest in Economics and Finance fundamentals.
She worked in the Academic Development Directorate at the Polytechnic since December 2012. One of main areas she was looking after is assessing the development of students’ employability skills as well as graduates’ destinations data. She presented some of this work in conferences organized by the QQA and Higher Education Council in Bahrain.
|2016||- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Ahlia university.|
|2007- 2012||B.Sc. Banking and Finance, University of Bahrain|
|2015||Certificate in Tertiary Teaching and Learning , Bahrain Polytechnic, Bahrain|
|October 2016 – March 2017||Professional Certificate in Academic Practice, Ministry of Education and Higher Education Academy, United Kingdom.|
|2015- Present||Bahrain Polytechnic, Bahrain|
|2012-2015||Academic Development department: working on employability skills project, Bahrain Polytechnic.|
|2012||(6 months), Business Counselor, United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO).|
|2010||(2 months), Credit Administrator intern, Bank Muscat International.|
|2009||(2 months), SME Department intern, Standard Chartered Bank.|
Areas of Research Interest
Social economics, Sustainable economic development, Behavioral finance, and teaching and learning.
- Buheji, A., Coutts, C. E. (2014, 8 Dec). Employability: A Journey and a Destination. Presentation at Ellucian Live Middle East Conference. Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Coutts, C. E., Bukamal, H. & Buheji, A. (2014, 19 May). Collaborating with Industry to Develop Professional and Enterprising Work-ready Graduates. Presentation at Higher Education Council Closing the Gap series Second National Forum: University-Industry Partnership: “Making Curriculum more Relevant to Employers”. Movenpick Hotel, Bahrain.
- Bukamal, H., Buheji, A., Janahi, E., & McLoughlin, B. (2015, 19 Feb). Instilling Employability Skills: A Problem Based Learning Approach. Paper presented at 3rd QQA Conference “Quality Education & Training: Sustainability & Employability”. Gulf Hotel, Bahrain.
- Buheji, A. (2017, 8 May). Employability Skills: Are You Prepared? Presentation at 1st IEEE GCC Students and Young Professionals Congress, Gulf Hotel, Bahrain.
- Member, Industry engagement committee, Bahrain Polytechnic (2013-2014)
- Member, Higher Education Council (HEC) accreditation committee, Bahrain Polytechnic (April 2015- January 2016)
- Member, Business programme committee, Bahrain Polytechnic (June 2016 – September 2017)