Fahdia Khalid Khalid Ismail
Fahdia Khalid is professor of human resource management, programme manager for Year 1 and 2, and a member of Programme Committee in the Business School at Bahrain Polytechnic.
In her 12-year career, she has been a programme manager MBA – final projects, school’s senior mistress, lead trainer, programme coordinator for skill development, university tutor, and a freelance expert/consultant for NGOs and educational institutions in both public and private sector.
She has been awarded the title of ‘most versatile teacher’ and was acknowledged for her contribution in Professional Competency Enhancement Programme for Engineering Teachers.
She has developed training manuals, five-year institutional improvement plans, strategy implementation plans, and lesson planning tool-kits for both public and private educational institutions. She has trained more than 10,000 employees ranging from educational and civil managers, head trainers, school heads, university lecturers, school teachers, and police training officers.
|2011||Masters of Business Administration, University of Central Punjab, Pakistan|
|2003||Bachelors of Arts (Education, Economics), University of The Punjab, Pakistan|
|2001||Bachelors of Computer Sciences, American Institute if Computer Sciences, Pakistan|
|2014||Certificate in Tertiary Teaching and Learning, Dep. Of Training and Development, Bahrain Polytechnic, Bahrain|
|2008||Leadership and Management Programme-Course, Dept. of Professional Development, The City School Network, Pakistan|
|2008||Inspection and Evaluation, Dept. of Professional Development, The City School Network, Pakistan|
|2005||Post Graduate in Advanced Professional Studies, Dep. Of Professional Development ,The City School Network, Pakistan|
|2004||Post Graduate Certificate Course, Dep. Of Professional Development, The City School Network, Pakistan|
|2013 – Present||Tutor, Bahrain Polytechnic, Bahrain|
|2010-2012||Teaching Faculty member, University of Central Punjab, Pakistan|
|2002 -2007||Teacher, School Center Administrator, and IT instructor, The City Schools Network|
|2014 – Present||Programme Manager, Bahrain Polytechnic, Bahrain|
|2010-2012||MBA-Project Manager, University of Central Punjab, Pakistan|
|2009-2011||Training Manual Developer and Reviewer, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), Pakistan|
|2008-2011||Corporate Trainer and consultant for Project with Govt. of Punjab, Pakistan|
|2007-2009||Senior mistress, The City School Senior Head mistress, Pakistan; performed the following functions: workforce planning, conducting training needs analysis, selection interviews, performance evaluations and feedback sessions|
The areas of research interest are intellectual capital, curriculum design and implementation to cater to evolving and ever changing labour market.
Conference paper for QQA’s 3rd Conference – Quality in Education and Training: Sustainability and Employability in progress, titled as ‘Developing Employability through Higher Education: Triangulating three perspectives’, co-authored with Philippe Vande Wiele, tutor at BP. Proposal is already approved by BP research committee and QQA.
- Khalid, F. (2016). Transforming Strategic Outlook on Sustainability- The case of Higher Education Institutions in GCC. Paper presented at the GCES Symposium 2016, 6-7 April, Arab Open University, Kuwait.
- Vande Wiele, P., Khalid, F. Morris, D., Ribiere, V. Ermine, J.L. (2015) Teaching and Learning for Employability – Triangulating three perspectives. A Case of Bahrain Polytechnic. Paper presented at the GECSO Conference 8th Colloquim, 24 – 25 June, Bordeaux, France.
- Vande Wiele, P., Khalid, F., Ribiere, V., Ermine, J.L. (2015) Employability, a topic for knowledge exchange to strategically positioning Higher Education Institutions. Paper presented at the ICICKM2015, 5 – 6 November, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Member, Bachelor of Business Programme Committee, 2014
- Member, Bachelor of Business Faculty Board, 2014