Namasiku Donald Liandu
Head of School “BBUS”
Dr Namasiku Liandu is a tutor in Accounting at Bahrain Polytechnic.
Dr Liandu is a UK Chartered Accountant (Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales) with a Doctorate in Education (Educational Leadership and Management) and a Postgraduate Diploma in Education Research (Professional).
Dr Liandu has more than 30 years’ experience in accounting, auditing, systems analysis and design, and education and training. He is a member of the UK Higher Education Academy with high level experience in corporate governance and quality control in education, the charity/ voluntary sector and other public sector bodies.
Dr Liandu is able to organize and/or deliver training and education in accounting, finance, IT, professional/business ethics and other similar areas. He possesses the managerial and professional experience to advise on and tailor training, monitor it and ensure success for stakeholders.
Dr Liandu is technically up-to-date in International Auditing Standards, International Accounting Standards (IFRS/IAS), Professional Ethics, and other related areas; he is computer and MS Office proficient.
Dr Liandu is an action researcher who is able to organise action research projects and deliver appropriate reports and results.
Dr Liandu is a strategic thinker who has contributed to the strategic direction of organisations in the UK and in Bahrain.
|1984||BSc(Hons) Computer Studies, Loughborough University, UK|
|1998||Master of Education (Thesis: Accounting Education), University of Dundee, UK|
|2005||PG Diploma in Educational Research (Professional), Stirling University, UK|
|1990||Member (ACA) – Chartered Accountant, ICAEW (Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales), UK|
|2014||Fellow (FCA) – Chartered Accountant, ICAEW (Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales), UK|
|2005||Fellow, Higher Education Academy, UK|
|1992-2007||Lecturer/Course Leader/Programme Director||University of Abertay Dundee||UK|
|1998-2002||SQA External Verifier||SQA||UK|
|2008-2014||Head of Centre for Accounting & IT||BIBF||Bahrain|
|2014-Date||Programme Manager: Accounting||Bahrain Polytechnic||Bahrain|
|1985-1986||Audit Assistant||KPMG Lusaka||Zambia|
|1986-1992||Trainee/Senior/Assistant Manager||KPMG London||UK|
|2002-2005||Member of the Board of Management (Non Exec)||SQA||UK|
Area of Research Interest
Educational Experience of Professional Accountancy Trainees, Comparative Professional Ethics, and Accounting Education
The creation of qualifications (group awards) from short courses
1. Liandu N D (2002a), Corporate Governance in the 21st Century, ACCA Student Accountant
2. Liandu N D (2002b), The Independence of Accountants, ACCA Student Accountant
3. Liandu N D (2004a), Audit Risk in a Brave New World, ACCA Student Accountant
4. Liandu N D (2004b), Earnings Management – Why Worry About It?, ACCA Student Accountant
5. Liandu ND (2007), Audit working papers, ACCA Student Accountant
6. Liandu N D (2001), ECR Conference, An Ethnography of the Process of Becoming a Professional Accountant
- Member, Bahrain Polytechnic AQAC Review Committee (2014)
- Member, BIBF Student Disciplinary Committee (2009 – 2014)
- Member, BIBF NQF Mapping and Validation Panels (2012 – 2014)
- Trustee, GCI Dundee Scotland (2006 – Date)
- Member, VetAid Board of Directors (2006 – 2007)
- Member, BBC Broadcasting Council for Scotland (2003 – 2006)
- Assessor, ACCA Auditing Examiners Panel (2002 – 2007)
- Member, SQA Board of Directors & Audit Committee (2002 – 2005)
- Assistant Examiner (Accounting), University of Cambridge Local Examination Syndicate (UCLES) (1997 – 2006)