Dr. Porchilamban Sengottaiyan
|2019||Doctor of Philosophy in GTA welding, Sathyabama Institute of science and Technology, India.|
|2009||Master of Engineering in Product Design, PSG college of Technology, India.|
|2006||Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering, Anna University, India.|
|2021-Present||Assistant Professor at School of Engineering, EDICT, Bahrain Polytechnic, Bahrain|
|2017 -2021||Lecturer at Engineering Department, University of Technology & Applied science -Nizwa, Oman.|
|2009-2017||Assistant Professor at Department of Mechanical &Production Engineering Sathyabama University, India.|
Areas of Research Interest
Extensive research interests are carried out in the field of GTA welding in order to evaluate mechanical and metallurgical properties of dissimilar weld joints which are used in petrochemical industries under moderately critical temperature environmental conditions.
- Porchilamban, S., Amaladas, J.R. “Structural relationships of metallurgical and mechanical properties influenced by Ni-based fillers on Gas Tungsten Arc Welded Ferritic /Austenitic SS dissimilar joints”, Journal of Advanced Mechanical Design, Systems and Manufacturing, 2019, Vol.13(1)
- Porchilamban,S, Jerald navinsavio, D., Mohamed Farid, A.,
”Evaluation of mechanical properties and micro structural characterization of dissimilar TIG welded AISI 316L and AISI 430 plates using ER310 and ER2594 filler” Materials Today: Proceedings, 2019, vol.16.
- Porchilamban, S., John Rajan, A.” Metallurgical investigations on bimetallic weld joints in austenitic/ferritic stainless steels for paper-pulp industries” International Journal of Mechanical and Production Engineering Research and Development, 2018, Vol.8(4)
- Porchilamban, S., John Rajan, A. “The study of mechanical and microstructural properties of pulsed current GTA welding with distinct fillers on AISI 316l and 430” International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, 2015, vol.10(13)
- Porchilamban, S., Raja, V.K.B.,” Review on scope and trends in ergonomic evaluation of work posture in dentistry” Frontiers in Automobile and Mechanical Engineering – 2010, FAME-2010, 2010, pp. 261–264
- Journal reviewer-Aircraft Engineering and Aerospace Technology Journal & International Journal of Turbo & Jet Engines