Students (Bahrainis and non-Bahrainis) studying/studied at other universities/higher educational institutions and wishing to transfer and continue their studies at the Polytechnic can apply for transfer during the published period, in accordance with the conditions and criteria followed in the student admission policy and procedures.
All information regarding the various programmes the Polytechnic offers can be found in the programmes page.
Students are accepted for a transfer to the Polytechnic based on their fulfilment of the requirements and their submission of the required documents.
Entry requirements for transferring students:
- The concerned authorities must recognize the other universities/institutes in the Kingdom.
- The student must have not been dismissed/suspended at that university/institute.
- The student must have successfully passed 150 credit hours (10 courses from the Academic Programme) or its equivalent at the university/institute from which they are transferred.
- The cumulative average should not be less than C+ or its equivalent in other academic evaluation systems.
- The relevant academic school must approve the transfer request and the courses they were exempted from studying.
- When submitting the transfer request, the student should not have dropped out from the university/institute s/he was transferred from for more than (16) weeks.
- The student must take a minimum of 50% of the hours required for graduation at the polytechnic.
Students must submit the following required documents to the Student Information Centre in Building 8, during the announced period:
- Transcript up to date from the university/institute from which the student is transferred.
- Stamped course descriptions from the transferred university/institute.
- Two academic recommendations from two instructors at that university/institute.
Offers are published on the Bahrain Polytechnic website during the announced period. An email will also be sent to all applicants with the decision. Successful applicants should accept/confirm their offer by completing the confirmation processes.Read More