Bahrain Polytechnic provides the opportunity for students who are enrolled in other high educational institutions (inside and outside the Kingdom of Bahrain) and wish to study some courses (up to 45 credits) for a maximum of two semesters, to apply as visitor students. It is not intended for students seeking a degree.
The student exchange programme at Bahrain Polytechnic provides the opportunity to exchange between its students and students of other higher educational institutions (from inside and outside the Kingdom of Bahrain) in order to study some courses (up to 45 credits) offered by the host institution within a period specified by the agreement (not more than two semesters). The earned credits will be counted towards their home institution degree.
Visitor/Exchange Programme Requirements
Students are accepted as visitors/exchange at the Polytechnic based on their fulfilment of the requirements and their submission of the required documents, as shown below:
Visitor students must meet the following requirements:
- Completed applications with all required evidence must be received at least three months before the start of the semester (Please contact Admission team via email: Admissions@polytechnic.bh).
- Academic reference.
- Pass any tests or personal interviews conducted by the Polytechnic.
- The student must be medically fit (healthy, physically and mentally).
- The student must have a good conduct and behavior.
- Accepting the application is subject to the availability of seats and meeting the course requirements.
- The student must submit all the required documents on the dates specified for them.
- Students are required to pay the admission, and tuition fees will be at full rate (not supported).
- Students who are not in good standing at their home institution (as defined by their home institution) will not be offered a place.
- English language ability, where appropriate.
- Students are committed to study for no more than two semesters.
- Students can apply to study for up to 45 credits at Bahrain Polytechnic.
- The student is accepted to study as a visitor and is not considered a transfer to Bahrain Polytechnic.
NOTE: Non-Bahraini students are responsible for completing visa requirements.
Visitors/exchange students must submit the following documents:
- A valid copy of the original Passport.
- A valid copy of the Identity Card (i.e. Smart Card).
- A valid copy of the student’s ID Card.
- An approval document from his institute to study at Bahrain Polytechnic (Visitor students).
- Copy of transcript up to date (Visitor students).