Welcome to the H.H. Sh. Mohamed bin Mubarak Al Khalifa
The Library plays an important role in all academic institutions. The Library Learning Centre (LLC) supports the institution’s mission, vision, and values. Academic study demands a wide range of research materials are available and that there is a high quality service that focus on patron needs that supports students each of the programmes offered. Due to cultural diversity, interdisciplinary study, and rapid technological changes, academic libraries face challenges for delivering appropriate information services. We pride ourselves on the range and quality of the collections and services we provide to the Bahrain Polytechnic community. We seek to ensure the LLC is an active learning and research space for all.
LLC Mission Statement
The Bahrain Polytechnic Library Learning Centre supports and promotes teaching, learning, and research practices through extensive collaboration with faculty in an effort to provide quality resources and services that meet the needs of a dynamic and innovative world.
- Facilitates excellence in teaching, learning, and research
- Creates an appropriate environment to support teaching, learning, and research
- Anticipates and responds to student and faculty needs
- Contributes to positive student and faculty outcomes and experiences
- Provides the information resource infrastructure, necessary for leading-edge teaching, learning, and research activity
- Supports community outreach and community partnerships.
As a registered student or staff, Your ID card is needed to:
- Enter and exit the library
- Borrow books
- Book the media room or quiet study areas
Have you lost your student card?
- Report lost cards immediately to the Security.
As a visitor, you will have a visitor access card, which will provide you access to the library. Your card is needed to:
- Enter and exit the library
As a visitor, you will not have the capability to borrow books or access databases linked to the LLC.
Here are the loan periods below:
- Students may borrow a maximum of five items for three weeks
- Academic staff may borrow a maximum of ten items for one semester
- Allied staff may borrow a maximum of ten items for three weeks
Please be sure to bring your Bahrain Polytechnic student/staff ID to the LLC in order to check out materials. “No ID = No borrowing !” Please return items on time or renew them at the Information Desk, Email or online.
Library Fines for Overdue and Lost Items
- If you return a book late, you are required to pay 100 Fils per book per day (not exceeding BD9)
- If you lose a book, you are required to pay BD 25 plus the original cost of the book OR you are required to buy the book for the LLC (same or new edition) without paying BD 25
- Renewal of items can only occur prior to the expiry date.
- Renewals online cannot be done for books either on the expiry date or after that date
IT in the Library
Bahrain Polytechnic library provides students, staff and visitors access to computer workstations with specialised software.
Library offers computer workstations for use by students, faculty and staff, as well as guest users from the wider community. Guest access provides access to the Library’s website and catalogues, but not to the Internet in general. Most software applications on the Library workstations are likewise only available to Polytechnic users.
|Microsoft Office 2016:|
|Adobe Reader DC|
|Adobe Digital Edition|
|Symantec Endpoint Protection|
The Information Desk provides a range of information and support services for Polytechnic students and staff supporting all programmes. Along with general enquiries, the help desk provides the following services:
- Locating reading list material
- Finding subject information to support essays and projects
- Using e-resources such as subject databases and eJournals
- Assistance with locating print and online materials
- Subject and general reference queries
- 4-hour collection
- Access to theses
- Store items request
- Reading lists for faculty programmes
- Group study
- Quiet study