The general entry tests in English and Math are both conducted online. Applicants must meet the required standard in both tests to be considered for selection to a programme.
Please note that the entry test appointment is chosen by the applicant after paying the admission fees.
We recommend that all applicants review the following information regarding the online entry tests in English and Math:
- English: The Oxford Online Placement Test is used to assess ‘Use of English’ and ‘Listening’ competency. See the Oxford Online Placement Test website where you can take sample tests. You can follow this instructional video to introduce you to the English entry test.
- Mathematics: The Password Mathematics for Bahrain Polytechnic Test is used to assess mathematics skills and competency. See the Password Maths as a guide to the test. You may also download a sample here. You can follow this instructional video on how to use a calculator.
The following table shows some of the topics that are measured in mathematics:
|Numeracy||• Using calculators|
|Algebra||• Rearranging formula|
|Statistics||Measures of central tendency|
Entry Test Rules and Guidelines:
- The applicant must follow the instructions in the test appointment.
- Bahrain Polytechnic has the right to reschedule the entry tests.
- The entry tests are for English and Math.
- The duration of the test is approximately 3 hours.
- Arrive early. If late, the applicant will NOT be allowed to sit the test.
- On the entry test day, applicants must bring their identity card and a calculator (Graphic display and text save calculators are NOT allowed).
- Mobile phones are NOT allowed in the exam room.
- The test date CANNOT be changed.
- The applicant must follow the invigilator’s instructions in the exam, or their test will be cancelled.
- The invigilator has the right to stop the exam if there is a suspicion of cheating, where the examinee will not be able to take a retest afterwards.
- IF any technical issues occur from Bahrain Polytechnic’s end, the tests will be rescheduled.
- Entry to programmes at Bahrain Polytechnic is based on the Entry Tests results in English and Mathematics for the Programme of choice and will NOT exempt any applicants from the Entry Tests.
- Applicants may be invited for further tests or an interview (will be advised, if required).
- Visual Design, Interactive Design and Digital Marketing applicants MUST complete and submit a Portfolio.
- The Portfolio must meet all the requirements stated in the PORTFOLIO GUIDELINES. Incomplete portfolios are likely to be rejected.
- The applicant must submit a Portfolio during the period announced on the website. Late submissions will NOT be accepted.
- After an offer of place to Bahrain Polytechnic is made and accepted, the student with IELTS or TOEFL certificates (up to 2 years old) can apply for Credit Recognition. (Will NOT be accepted as part of the application process and will NOT exempt applicants from the English Entry Testing)
- The policies are applied according to the terms of Credit Recognition and there is no guarantee that courses will be equivalent.
- Academic staff will review the application and after approval of the relevant committees, the student will be informed of the decision and any credit granted will be loaded onto the official student record.