Dr. Shabbir Ahmed
Academic Qualifications Obtained
|2019||Ph.D, VTU,Belgaum Karnataka, INDIA|
|2009||Recipient of Meritorious award for securing 2nd Rank, M.Tech(Manufacturing Science & Engineering, VTU,Belgaum Karnataka, INDIA)|
|2022- Present||Assistant Professor, Bahrain Polytechnic, Bahrain|
|2015-2022||lecturer in University of technology and Applied Sciences,Nizwa,OMAN|
|2010-2015||Assistant Professor in Ghousia College of Engineering ,Ramanagaram,Karnataka ,Bengaluru|
Areas of Research Interest
Research area is Manufacturing, Design, Composite materials & Finite Element Analysis.
The Geography of News Project:
Three research proposal sanctioned (Two Research Grant in the year 2019 and 2021 & one Undergraduate Research Grant-2020) funded by the Research Council, member of Ministry of Higher education and research innovation, Oman are under progress. Out of three one completed and ready to submit(URG)
The sanctioned projects mainly focus on different characterization and projecting towards the selection of suitable material which is economical, durable applicable in automotive industries, medical applications etc.And the student project is modeling and fabrication of four bar chain mechanism helpful for the course Mechanics of Machines for better understanding and to perform the laboratory exercises.
International journal publications:
- Shabbir Ahmed R M,Mohamed Haneef“An experimental and numerical investigation on bolted joints of woven glass fabric/Epoxy composites”has been published in Journal of Advancement in Material Engineering,e-ISSN:2582-0036,Volume-5,Issue-3,Decemeber 2020
- Keshav Murthy,Shabbir Ahmed,Ali A Rahji,Arun Patel,2021” Influence of Solid Lubricant Addition on Friction and Wear Response of 3D Printed Polymer Composites” has been published in Polymers 2021, 13, 2905
- Shabbir Ahmed R.M, Dr.Mohammed Haneef(2018) “Preliminary studies on three dimensional stress analysis of fastners joint in composite laminate” is published in International Journal of Mechanical & Production Engg.. PP (46-51) Vol -6, Issue No: 5
- Shabbir Ahmed R.M, Dr. Mohamed Haneef –(2018) “Numerical analysis of woven glass-fabric polymer laminated composite with bolt loaded hole” is published in International Journal of Mechanical & Production Engg. PP (52-55) Vol -4, Issue No: 5
- Mohd Abdul Khader, Shabbir Ahmed R.M ,Mohammed Mohsin Ali H-(2015) “Finite Element Stress Analysis of Pin Joints for Isotropic and Composite Plate Materials” Volume-5, Issue-, Page Number: 256-260
- Mohammed Imran , Shabbir Ahmed.R.M , Dr. Mohamed Haneef (2014)“Static and Dynamic Response Analysis for Landing Gear of Test Air Crafts” International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology (An ISO 3297: 2007 Certified Organization) Vol. 3, Issue 5, May 2014
International and national Conference attended
- Shabbir Ahmed R.M, Dr. Mohamed Haneef “Preliminary studies on three dimensional stress analysis of fastners joint in composite laminate” has been presented and published in the 4th International conference on Mechanical and aerospace engineering ICMAE, held on 6th&7th March 2018 at Stockholm,Sweden.
- Shabbir Ahmed R.M, Dr. Mohamed Haneef “Numerical analysis of woven glass-fabric polymer laminated composite with bolt loaded hole” has been presented and published in the 4th International conference on Mechanical and aerospace engineering ICMAE, held on 6th& 7th March 2018 at Stockholm,Sweden.
- Shabbir Ahmed R.M,Mohamed Haneef,Mohammed Muhsin Ali H“Delamination Effect and Finite Element Analysis of Composite Laminates”, has been presented in International Congress Conference- 2011, London, U.K.
- Shabbir Ahmed R.M,Mohamed Haneef, “Topology Optimization and Preload Modal Analysis of Connecting Rod”, National Symposium on Recent Trends in Automotive Engineering, held during 9th – 11th October 2009 at National Institute of Technology, Rourkela, Orissa.
- “Cold Comparative Study on Properties of Cast Al6061-Al2O3/SiC”, National Conference on FEM 2008, held on 24th & 25th of March 2008 at Oxford College of Engineering, Bangalore.
Boards, Advisory committees, Professional organizations
- Reviewer, Journal of the institution of Engineers, India, (2019-Present)
- Reviewer, Advances in Material & Processing Technologies, India (2022-Present)
- Reviewer, Journal of Bio-and Tribo-corrosion, India (2021-Present)
- Reviewer for the funded project fro the TRC(The research council)Ministry of Higher Education,Sulatante of OMAN(2019-Present)