Course Registration for Semester 2, 2017-18
We look forward to seeing you again for Semester 2, Academic Year 2017-2018 when classes start on 4 March 2018. Students should read ALL this information carefully and check their emails regularly. Students can only attend classes that they have registered for and are showing on their Timetable in Self Service Banner.
Foundation and Degree Students
- Students must register themselves for courses online using SSB, on the dates and times in the table below and as stated in the Online Registration Instructions.
- The information in the instruction was provided by Faculty, if you believe there are any errors, please advise your Programme Manager.
- For help with Online Registration, watch the video on how to use SSB or come to the SSB tutorial or labs:
- Foundation students can come to campus to use lab 19.112 from 27 February and for Degree students use the labs 5.19 and 5.20 to register online during the registration period 20 to 28 February.
- Requesting adding seats in full capacity classes students must print and complete the Add & Drop form (see Moodle) and submit to the SIC.
The Tuition fees payment is only online; the service is available for students to pay their fees online starting from:
- Online payment will be open from 20 February at 9am until 15 March at 2pm. Online payment will be closed on 15 March at 2pm.
- Students with unpaid fees after 15 March 2018 will have a late fee applied. Outstanding fees may be paid during the grace period from 18 March at 12pm to 22 March 2018 at 2:00pm.
Information on courses offered in Semester 2 is available on SSB from 15 February 2018. Please note there may be changes if required by the Faculty.
Online Registration release details:
Students expecting to graduate at the end of Semester 2, Academic Year 2017-2018 should see their Programme Manager or Academic Advisor and check the courses they require to graduate.
How many credits can students enrol in?
- Students must enroll in at least 15 credits each semester or apply to take a leave of Absence. If they do not, their enrolment will be cancelled for ‘abandoning’ their study.
- Students on Probation cannot register for more than 60 credits. Faculty may lower this limit.
- Most students can register up to 65 Credits.
- Students with a CGPA ≥ 3 OR who are eligible to graduate that semester can register up to 75 Credits by completing and submitting an “Application to Increase Semester Credits”(see Moodle). These can be processed prior to your Programmes registration release date if received.
- Add and Drop ends on the 8th March 2018.
- Fees are due in FULL by 2pm on the 15th of March 2018.
- See the Academic Calendar for all dates.
- Attendance at 80% of classes is required. For more details, check Online Registration Instructions