Dr. Wajid Ali Khan
|2010||PhD, University of Manchester, United Kingdom|
|2006||MSc, University of Manchester, United Kingdom|
|2001||BSc, NWFP UET Peshawar, Pakistan|
|2020||The Science of Success: What researchers know you should know|
|2020||Assessment in Higher Education|
|2003||Professional Engineer, Pakistan Engineering Council, Pakistan|
|2022- Present||Associate Professor, Bahrain Polytechnic, Bahrain|
|2015-2022||Assistant Professor, University of Hafr Al Batin, KSA|
|2011-2015||Visiting Faculty, Wah Engineering College, Pakistan|
|2010 – 2015||General Manager, PMO, Pakistan|
|2001 – 2005||Graduate Engineer, PMO, Pakistan|
Areas of Research Interest
Manufacturing Techniques and properties of composites
Actively involved in the manufacturing techniques and characterization of composite materials since 2006. Process optimization and cure kinetics monitoring are the key areas along with the resultant 3D composites characterization techniques. Other research interests are renewable energy, manufacturing processes, maintenance and monitoring, Optimization of hybrid joints, materials and finite element modelling and nanocomposites.
- Member, Research and Innovation Advisor Board, (2022-Present)
- Chair, Mechanical Engineering Accreditation from NCAAA, University of Hafr Al Batin, KSA (2019-2022)
- Chair, Student advising committee, University of Hafr Al Batin, KSA (2018-2022)
- Member, Curriculum Development and Review, University of Hafr Al Batin, (2016-2022)
- Member, Industrial Collaboration and COOP, University of Hafr Al Batin, (2015-2022)
- W. A. Khan, J. Khalid, A.A. Raja “Effects of Varying Initial Processing Temperature on Mechanical Properties of Carbon Epoxy Composites” Mehran University Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, 2020.
- M. Nadeem, M. Zain-ul-abedien, W.A. Khan, S.I. Shamsah “Experimental and Theoretical Investigation of Thermal Properties of Natural Soil Based Geopolymer Composites” Int. J. of Materials Research, Vol 111(12) Nov 2020 pp1024-1037.
- L.A. Khan and W.A. Khan “Out of Autoclave (OOA) Manufacturing Technologies for Composite Sandwich Structures,” Book Chapter, Manufacturing Process Modelling and Optimization Strategies. IGI Global 2016
- A Khawaja and W.A. Khan, “A Comparison of Different Joining Options of Hybrid Composite Joints for Improved Fatigue Life”, Journal of The Nucleus, 2016
- Y. Baig, C. Xiaquan, W.A. Khan “Failure Mechanism of Scarf-repaired Composite Laminates under tensile load”, Journal of Brazilian Society of Mechanical Engineering, pp 1-7, Nov 2015.
- W.A. Khan and Jim Methven “Correlation of Heater’s Duty Cycle and Specific Energy Consumption, and Reduction in Energy Consumption in Pultrusion Process”, Journal of Science and Engineering of Composite Materials. Vol. 21, issue 2, pages 295-302, March 2014
- W.A. Khan and Jim Methven, “Determination of the Duty Cycle in Thermoset Putrusion”, 2-14 Proceedings of the 36th International Matador Conference, 2010
W.A. Khan and Jim Methven “Control of Uniformity of Direct Electrical Heating for Rotational Moulding”, 2-17 Proceedings of the 36th International Matador Conference, 2010