Dr. Zakareya Hasan
|2014-2017||PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering at Dalhousie University Halifax, Nova scotia, Canada.|
Specialization: Power and Energy Systems.
|2008-2012||Master in Electrical and Electronics Engineering at the University of|
Specialization: Power and Energy Conversion Systems.
|2005-2006||Education (Specialization in Teaching) Diploma at the University of|
|2001-2003||B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering at the University of Bahrain, Bahrain.|
|1998-2000||Associate Diploma in Electrical Engineering at the University of Bahrain, Bahrain.|
2013, European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM) Certified Assessor- Quality Management, European Foundation for Quality Management
Dr. Zakareya joined the Ministry of Education as an Electrical Instructor in industrial teaching program where he worked for about five years. In 2006, he completed the Educational Diploma (Specialized Teaching) in UOB. As a graduate student at Dalhousie University, he worked as a teaching assistant for undergraduate courses
Dr. Zakareya joined Aluminum Bahrain (ALBA B.S.C.(c)) as a Trainee Electrical Engineer in Power Plant maintenance, were he develop experience in power system generation, power system protection, industrial automation systems, HV and LV power systems, and HVDC systems.
Areas of Research Interest
Dr. Zakareya research interests are in the application of evolutionary optimization algorithms in:
- Power Systems Operation and Control.
- Smart Grid.
- Renewable Energy.
- Power System Stability.
- Power System protection.
- ICSIA2011 2011: Economic Dispatch by Biogeography Based Optimization Method.
- IEEE MELECON 2012: Biogeography Based Optimization Method For Solving The Unit Commitment Problem.
- IEEE EPEC 2014: Optimal Power Flow by Black Hole Optimization Algorithm.
- IEEE CCECE 2016: Economic Dispatch Incorporating Wind Energy by BH, BBO and DE.
- IEEE CCECE 2016: Optimal Tuning Of Power System Stabilizers By Biogeography Based Optimization Method.
- IEEE CCECE 2016: Linear Quadratic Regulator design for Power System Stabilizer using Biogeography Based Optimization Method.
- IEEE EPEC 2016: Comparison Of Wind Turbine Probabilistic Model With Negative Model in Economic Dispatch Problem Using Differential Evolution (DE).
- IEEE EPEC 2016: Economic Dispatch At Peak Load Using Load Reduction For Smart Grid Network.
- IEEE EPEC 2016: Unit Commitment Incorporating Wind Energy by BBO and GA.
- IEEE CCECE 2017: Khums Optimization Algorithm.
- IEEE EPEC 2017: Load Reduction Probabilistic Model for Smart Grid Network Economic Dispatch problem.
- IEEE EPEC 2017: Optimal Power Flow Incorporating Wind Energy and Load Reduction by BH Algorithm and KOA Algorithm.
- IEEE EPEC 2017: Fixed Head Hydrothermal Scheduling Incorporating Wind Energy by Khums Optimization Algorithm.