- 4 years – 8 Semesters (Full-Time / On Campus) – 480 credits
Programme Entry Requirements
- Applicants must achieve the minimum requirements in the English and Mathematics entry tests OR pass the Mathematics and English courses in the Foundation programme.
- All applicants must submit an e-portfolio of their creative work (e.g., advertisements, social media posts, short videos, artwork, sketches, photographs, webpages, branding elements, designs, etc.). The e-portfolio must contain a minimum of 5 pieces of work, with a maximum of 10 pieces of work.
Introduction and Programme Aims
The Bachelor of Digital Marketing Degree is a unique degree that provides you with the skills and knowledge to be successful in an increasingly competitive marketplace for graduate employment. The Bachelor of Digital Marketing Degree enables you to develop a variety of much sought after skills and knowledge from marketing, visual design, and web media courses.
Evidence from our recent industry survey highlighted that 80% of employers need graduates with these skills, with 100% of employers seeing the need for these digital marketing skills increase over the next 5 to 10 years. 100% of employers also recognized that these digital skills and knowledge were important future employability skills, and 83% of employers would employ Bahrain Polytechnic Bachelor of Digital Marketing Degree graduates today if they had appropriate vacancies within their organisations (Bahrain Polytechnic – Bachelor of Digital Marketing Degree Feasibility Study, 2021).
The focus upon developing and implementing digital marketing strategies, critical thinking and problem-solving skills through Bahrain Polytechnic’s applied higher education environment enables you to experience an engaging and rewarding learning journey through to graduation. The Bachelor of Digital Marketing Degree is truly a degree that will equip Bahrain Polytechnic graduates to be the digital marketing managers both now and in the future.
This is a four-year standalone Bachelor of Digital Marketing degree programme.
The Digital Marketing Programme aims to produce graduates who:
- Have the requisite skills demanded in the 21 Century workplace, supported by specific skills in marketing, web media and visual design.
- Recognize the need to engage and progress with life-long learning.
- Identify, critically analyse a problem, trouble-shoot, formulate and justify the most appropriate solutions.
- Work effectively in teams and coherently present their ideas in written and oral form to a range of audiences.
- Articulate ideas and information comprehensively in visual, oral and written forms through effective communication and presentation skills.
- Utilize industry standard technology effectively and ethically and be conversant with the latest business tools and techniques to be flexible and adaptable in the workplace.
- Demonstrate the ability to study independently, set goals, manage their own workload and meet deadlines.
- Use strategic thinking to demonstrate resourcefulness, innovation, and entrepreneurship.
- Initiate, plan, execute and manage work efficiently and effectively.
This programme prepares you for the following career pathways, but are not limited to:
- Social Media Marketing Manager
- Content Marketer
- Digital Marketing Executive
- Marketing Analytics Analyst
- Public Relations Executive
- SEO Executive
- Social Media Specialist
- Digital Account Planner
- Digital Marketing Account Executive
- Entrepreneur / Business Start-Up
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Mac Operator
- The Bachelor of Digital Marketing programme offers the opportunity to gain professional industry membership of the Digital Marketing Association, thus allowing the letters ‘MDigMA’ to be placed after your name. Additionally, the Marketing Major offers you the chance to achieve a variety of industry recognised certifications, including the Hootsuite Platform Certification, Hootsuite Social Marketing Certification, Twitter Flight School Certification, Facebook Blueprint Certification, and Google Certifications.
The programme is delivered through a mixture of classroom teaching, tutorials, guest speakers, online (web-based), laboratory work, workshops, problem-based learning, supervised brief and extended projects, field trips and workplace experience. Assessment of courses is both formative and summative, and typically includes a mix of tests, assignments, laboratory reports, project reports and examinations.
You will undertake a number of integrated projects with industry clients throughout your studies, culminating in a final semester industry-based project.
Where applicably feasible the programme will seek to integrate appropriate Industry Professional accreditations and certifications.
- Digital Marketing Association Membership.
- Digital Marketing Institute Certification.
- Hootsuite Platform Certification.
- Hootsuite Social Media Certification.
- Twitter Flight School Certification.
- Facebook Blueprint Certification.
- Google Certifications.
- HubSpot Certifications.
Plus, any others deemed appropriate and feasible to maintain industry currency.
Bachelor of Digital Marketing
- Associate Degree in Digital Marketing – Exit Qualification at the end of the 3rd Year
The Bachelor of Digital Marketing degree programme is delivered over four years.
The Bachelor of Digital Marketing programme is split into two key stages: (1) learning core technical skills through PBL and (2) acquiring real-world experience and specialized knowledge.
Stage 1: Learning core technical skills: The Bachelor of Digital Marketing represents a coherent integration of courses that provide a solid foundation in a broad range of digital marketing disciplines, intended to widen students’ ability to think strategically and enhance their employability. The early stages of programme have been designed to provide opportunities for students to gain a sound understanding of the digital marketing environment and the core foundation skills and knowledge required to develop as a digital marketing professional. The digital marketing programme offers a range of courses that allow students to acquire a comprehensive knowledge and skills at the forefront of professional practice in a variety of areas that are of relevance and interest to the realisation of their career aspirations.
In the first two years of the Bachelor of Digital Marketing, students study a broad base of digital marketing related core courses – Visual Design, Web Design, Introduction to Marketing, Digital Photography, Video, Strategic Web Communication, Computer Practical, Content Management, and Project Management – in preparation for future study.
Stage 2: Acquiring real-world experience and specialised knowledge
The specialist area of study in Digital Marketing runs over the final two years and comprises courses that are designed to develop students’ abilities to think and operate strategically within a digital marketing arena. The selection of courses, such as, Integrated Marketing Communication, Digital Marketing, Digital Creativity & Innovation Management, Advanced Digital Marketing, Digital Design, Marketing Planning, Social Media Marketing Strategy, Advanced Web Design – provide opportunities for students to gain a comprehensive understanding of digital marketing practice and assimilate that understanding through a practical final-year industry project.
The digital marketing specialist courses have been developed to be contextualized to Bahrain and the GCC region and places regional considerations alongside of international digital marketing theory and practice. They focus on ensuring that digital marketing students will be up to date with the latest digital marketing techniques and strategies to be flexible in the workplace and adaptable in a fast-moving environment. Students will have the professional competencies and digital marketing skills required to effectively problem solve, adapt, and apply critically analysis and informed decision making to any digital marketing situation.