Dr. Antonios Constantinides
Academic Qualifications Obtained
|2017||PhD (Refraction Interference and Smart Antennas) ,Middlesex University U.K|
|2012||Master (Electrical Engineering), Middlesex University U.K.|
|2010||Post Graduate Certificate in Education, University of Cyprus, Nicosia, Cyprus.|
|1996||Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, The University of Toledo Oh-USA.|
|1995||Associate in Electronics Engineering Technology, The University of Toledo Oh-USA.|
Cyprus Scientific and Technical Chamber (ETEK):
- Licensed to practice electronics engineering including the science of information and Technology issued 1996
- Licensed to practice power electrical engineering (First Class-Top Range-Unlimited Power issued 1996)
Electromechanical Services of Cyprus Government:
- First Grade Certificate (Unlimited Power at all Voltages) 2012
Institute of Engineering Technology, (IET) U.K:
- Member of the IET & Chartered Engineer (Engineering Council, UK 2002)
Society of Broadcast Engineers, USA 2000
- Certificate of Senior RF Broadcast Engineer
|2021-Present||Assistant Professor, Bahrain Polytechnic|
|2017-2021||Part time Lecturer, Cyprus University of Technology|
|2017-2021||Part time Lecturer,European University Cyprus|
|2019-2020||Part time Lecturer, University of Central Lancashire, Cyprus Campus|
|2011-2017||Culture, Youth and Sports, Ministry of Education|
Relevant Industry Expertise
- 2019-2020 Research Coordinator, SignalGenerix Limassol-Cyprus
- 2003-2015 Director of Engineering- Reseach Coordinator, ET Broadcast LTD- Cyprus
- 1998-2001 Project Manager-Research Coordinator, ET Industries Inc.-USA
Areas of Research Interest
Research Projects co-funded by the Republic of Cyprus and the European Regional Development Fund.
Dr. Antonios Constantinides conducts mainly applied research on radio waves propagation but also on high technology applications that incorporated by smart antennas, power electronics transmitting and receiving apparatus.
- Post Doctoral Research “Extending HF Interference Studies over Cyprus Frederick University Research Center.
- The primary objective of the research was to extend the existing dedicated HF interference monitoring system to provide effective measurements and analysis of bandwidth, azimuthal and high-angle (corresponding to signals arriving from high elevation angles) HF spectral occupancy in Cyprus.
- Research Funded Project: Optimizing Digital Video Terrestrial Transmitters (DVB-T) Research Coordinator: The funded research was focused around the efficiency, optimization and linearity of DVB-T, COFDM high power amplifiers. Cyprus Research & Innovation Foundation
- Research Funded Project :The funded research was around the design and development of an ultra-broadband solid state laterally diffused metal oxide semiconductor (LDMOS) amplifier (1KW CW) that enables operation by DRM+ or Digital Audio Broadcasting (DAB+) radio transmitters. Ministry of Energy Commerce Industry and Tourism
- A Compact Wideband Active Two-Dipole HF Phased Array
- A Compact Two-Element HF Active Phased Array Antenna
- Biasing LDMOS Amplifiers Employing a Simple Passive Temperature to Voltage Converter.
- A Very Compact Circular Adaptive Array for New Generation Mobile Commercial Receivers
- A Very Compact Normal Mode Multiloop Helical Antenna with Enhanced Bandwidth
- Analysis Of VHF Propagation Mechanisms That Cause Interference From The Middle East Within The Southern Coastal Regions Of Cyprus
- Improving the LDMOS Temperature Compensation Bias Circuit to Optimize Back-off
- A Novel Design in the Use of Planar Transformers for LDMOS Based Amplifiers in Bands II, III, DRM+, DVB-T and DAB+.
- Beam Tilt Techniques in Collinear Arrays
- Digital Audio Broadcasting Systems and Their Impact on the Terrestrial Radio Broadcast Service in Cyprus
Boards, Advisory committees, Professional organizations
The Applied Computational Electromagnetics Society, USA.
Advances in Wireless Communications and Networks, 548 FASHION AVENUE NEW YORK, NY 10018 U.S.A.
- Scientific journals reviewer
- Editorial Board Member
- Member of the Institute of Engineering Technology, U.K
- Member of Cyprus Scientific and Technical Chamber