Selection of Students
Admission to Bahrain Polytechnic is extremely competitive, and there are limited places for each programme, so please apply to Bahrain Polytechnic and other institutions as well. Applicants who meet the minimum entry requirements and pass the entry tests to the required levels are considered for an offer of place. Admission to a programme is limited by the programme size in that year.
First priority is given to the suitably qualified Bahraini applicants. Non-Bahrainis may be offered admission if places are available and based on criteria and quotas that may be set from time to time by Bahrain Polytechnic. Non-Bahraini applicants with a Bahraini mother MUST provide an original birth certificate and their mother’s original passport to be treated as Bahraini.
The Polytechnic has the absolute right to decline or to offer a place to any student.
Offers are published on the Bahrain Polytechnic website. An SMS and email will also be sent to all applicants with the decision. Check Admission Timelines for the details when the Polytechnic will make offers.
Normally, the Bahrain Polytechnic makes two rounds of offers, and it is the applicants’ responsibility to confirm the offer during the period stated in their offer. Offers not confirmed during the time period are considered to be rejected by the applicant.
Successful applicants MUST accept / confirm their offer in person at the Bahrain Polytechnic Registry, during the period stated in their offer published on the Bahrain Polytechnic website, in the SMS and email.
The general dates are specified in the Admission Timelines for the next Academic Year, showing the duration of confirming the offers for round 1 and round 2.
To confirm an offer of place, the student must:
- Print their offer letter (sent to the email used when applying) or collect it from the Student Information Centre, Building 8).
- Pay the full fees for Semester 1 (i.e. BHD 120 for Bahraini students or BHD 2520 for non-Bahraini students).Note: BHD 120 is the non-refundable confirmation fee for Semester 1.
- Complete confirmation by submitting any missing documents and signing the required Bahrain Polytechnic documents.
- Students under 18 MUST be accompanied by a parent or guardian (in accordance with Bahraini Law).
If a student has been offered a place, but is out of Bahrain during the confirmation period, they can ensure their place is held temporarily by replying to the Admission Manager by email stating the following:
- They want to confirm their offer.
- The Name and CPR of the person who will come and complete the above procedures / requirements during the period stated in the offer letter/email.
- The time of return to Bahrain.
On return to Bahrain, the student MUST come to the Bahrain Polytechnic and personally sign the required documents before commencing orientation and classes.
In cases where required documents are not available at the time of confirmation, a conditional offer is made. If the conditions of the offer are not met by the student on or before the due date, the offer will be withdrawn and the enrolment at Bahrain Polytechnic cancelled.
Orientation for new students is normally the week prior to start of classes for Semester 1 of the Academic Year. Check the Admission Timelines or the confirmation documents for details.
Details on Course registration are provided at confirmation. They are also published on the website and available from the Student Information Centre. See the Academic Calendar for the Semester dates.