- Single Major: 8 Semesters (Full Time)
- Double Major: 9 Semesters (Full Time)
Programme Entry Requirements
- Applicants must achieve the minimum requirements in the English and Mathematics entry tests OR passing Maths and English courses in the Foundation programme.
Course Fees Download Brochure
Introduction and Programme Aims
Graduates of the Bachelor of Business will have a broad understanding of the business environment as well as technical and employability skills.
Graduates will have the skills to enable them to be successful in their chosen career whether it is accounting, banking and finance, human resource management, management, or marketing.
The Bachelor of Business programme aims to produce graduates who:
- have the requisite skills demanded in the 21 Century workplace, supported by specific skills in key areas of business
- are aware of the legal, ethical and professional standards
- will be conversant with the latest business tools and techniques to be flexible and adaptable in the work place
- are skilled, work-ready and prepared for life-long learning
- have the skills required to choose the optimal solution for a particular problem and to implement it following professional standards
- have the skills that enable them to work effectively in teams and to coherently present their ideas in written and oral form to a range of audiences
To view the courses of each major, please click on the links below.
Graduates of the Bachelor of Business will have a broad understanding of the business environment as well as the necessary technical skills to allow them to be successful in their chosen career.
- Demonstrate a detailed knowledge of core business concepts and a broad understanding of the changing business environment
- Evaluate business perspectives and adapt strategies to deal with varied (defined and some undefined) business contexts
- Practice as professionals using 21 Century skills.
- Possess other competencies, dependent on the Major studied.
Career pathways include but are not limited to:
- Brand Manager
- Content Marketer
- Digital Marketing Executive
- Market Analyst
- Marketing Coordinator
- Product Manager
- Public Relations Executive
- SEO Executive
- Social Media Specialist
- Account Executive
- Business Manager
- Business Researcher
- Events Advisor
- Management Consultant
- Operations Manager
- Production Supervisor
- Project Manager
Banking & Finance
- Commercial Banker
- Commodities Trader
- Corporate Banker
- Corporate Treasurer
- Financial Manager
- Investment Banker
- Portfolio Analyst
- Securities Analyst
- Stock Broker
- Chartered Accountant
- Chief Financial Officer
- Corporate Accountant
- External Audit Partner/Manager/Supervisor
- Internal Auditor
- Management Accountant
- Tax Adviser
Human Resource Management
- General Manager
- HR Business Partner
- HR Manager
- HR Generalist
- HR Specialist
- Management Consultant
- The Accounting Major is accredited by ACCA (with 9 exemptions) and by CIMA (with 9 exemptions) and is seeking accreditation from other Professional Accountancy Bodies
- The Marketing Major is accredited by CIMA (with seven exemptions) and recognized by Hootsuite with the award of the Hootsuite Social Marketing Certification, the holders of which are listed in the Hootsuite Social Media Marketing Certified Professionals Directory.
- All the other Majors are accredited by CIMA (with seven exemptions)
The programme is delivered through a mixture of interactive classroom lectures that involve case scenario analysis and problem-solving tasks, research projects, computer laboratory workshops, guest speakers, online forums and discussions, self-directed learning, small business set-up experiences; group activities.
Assessment for the programme is achievement-based, and assessment types may be drawn from:
- Practical business projects.
- Written reports/projects/portfolios/essays/reflective journals.
- Case studies.
- Tests and examinations.
- Research projects.
Assessments may be a combination of individual and group work.
In the final year of the Programme, students are required to complete a full-semester course (The Industry Project) based around a “real world” business problem. This very often involves being in the work environment for 12 to 15 weeks, working on a problem identified by the client company, and producing an academic report as well as the specified client deliverable.
One of the following:
One of the following:
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting)
- Bachelor of Business (Banking & Finance)
- Bachelor of Business (HRM)
- Bachelor of Business (Management)
- Bachelor of Business (Marketing)
- Bachelor of Business (Double Major)
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting and Banking & Finance)
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting and HRM)
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting and Management)
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting and Marketing)
- Bachelor of Business (Banking & Finance and HRM)
- Bachelor of Business (Banking & Finance and Management)
- Bachelor of Business (Banking & Finance and Marketing)
- Bachelor of Business (HRM and Management)
- Bachelor of Business (HRM and Marketing)
- Bachelor of Business (Management and Marketing)
- Bachelor of Business (Unendorsed) – this is a general business degree with no Major but eligible for an award of a Bachelor of Business.
- Diploma in Business – this is awarded to those who do not meet the requirements for an award of a degree but have accumulated enough credits to be recognised
To be awarded a Bachelor of Business degree, students must complete a four year programme of study; four-and-half in the case of Double Major.
In the first two years of the programme, students will study core business courses that are the foundation for their major subjects.
In year three and year four they will study Major courses. The current Majors are Accounting, Banking & Finance, HRM, Management, and Marketing. All students have to complete an Industry Project based on their Major.
Academic Advising is available to students throughout their time on the Bachelor of Business Programme.
Specific courses being delivered in this programme can be found at the Polytechnic’s website under “Bachelor of Business”.