Course Registration for Semester 1, 2016-17
We look forward to seeing you again for Semester 1, Academic Year 2016-2017 when classes start on 4 September 2016. Students should read ALL this information carefully and check their emails regularly. Students can only attend classes that they have registered for and are showing on their Timetable in Self Service Banner.
Foundation Students will be enrolled in the required Certificate in Academic Preparation (CAP) programme courses.
- Timetables will be released on Self Service Banner on 1 September 2016.
- To add or drop courses, see your Programme Manager and complete the Add & Drop form.
- Students eligible for degree electives MUST see their academic advisor and fill the complete the Add & Drop form.
- Students must register themselves for courses online using SSB, on the dates and times in the table below and as stated in the Online Registration Instructions.
- The information in the instruction was provided by Faculty, if you believe there are any errors, please advise your Programme Manager.
- For help with Online Registration, watch the video on how to use SSB or come to the SSB tutorial or labs :
- Degree students can use the labs 5.18 and 5.19 to register online during the registration period 23 August to 1 September.
- Requesting adding seats in full capacity classes students must print and complete the Add & Drop form (see Moodle) and submit to the SIC.
Information on courses offered in Semester 1 is available on SSB from 16 August 2016. Please note there may be changes if required by the Faculty.
Note: Course codes for Semester 1, Academic Year 2016/2017 have been changed; check Online Registration instructions for more details.
Online Registration release details:
Students expecting to graduate at the end of Semester 1, Academic Year 2016-2017 should see their Programme Manager or Academic Advisor and check the courses they require to graduate.
How many credits can students enrol in?
– Students must enroll in at least 15 credits each semester or apply to take a leave of Absence. If they do not, their enrolment will be cancelled for ‘abandoning’ their study.
– Students on Probation cannot register for more than 60 credits. Faculty may lower this limit.
– Most students can register up to 65 Credits.
– Students with a CGPA ≥ 3 OR who are eligible to graduate that semester can register up to 75 Credits by completing and submitting an “Application to Increase Semester Credits”(see Moodle). These can be processed prior to your Programmes registration release date if received.
Add and Drop ends on the 8th of September 2016.
Fees are due in FULL by 2pm on the 20th of September 2016.
See the Academic Calendar for all dates.
Attendance at 80% of classes is required. Information on the attendance procedures for Semester 1, 2016-17 will be sent prior to the first day of classes.
If your work or health situation has changed, please see:
- Your academic advisor to discuss the courses you plan to enrol in.
- SIC staff for requirements for early registration.