Welcome to the Bahrain Polytechnic Humanities Research LibGuide page! In this section, you will find resources for Humanities, such as recommended books, articles, useful links and documents to download.
Search Summon and Catalogue for related resources. Or Access all our Library Databases here.
- Using English.com
- UsingEnglish.com provides a large collection of English as a Second Language (ESL) tools & resources for students, teachers, learners and academics.
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE CHAT
- This Chat Room is designed for the English learners to practice their English and to make friends or pen pals on line.
- Grammar Bytes
- An interactive grammar review with definitions and exercises.
- A World of Words
- Many terrific linguistic links from John Lawler at the U of Mich
Find Background Information
You should consult encyclopedia and other resources to get background information on your topic:
This is an authoritative reference guide to help you find general information about a topic. Access information for this site is available on the LLC page on Moodle.
Additional Useful Resources in Humanities
Please feel free to make use of these magazines in the magazine racks in the LLC. We also have some Humanities journals avaliable. Please request for login details from the information desk if you do not have them already.
- One Stop English
- Onestopenglish is packed with resources for English teachers. All materials are written and edited by our expert team of teachers and authors and are organized into core subject areas such as Skills, Grammar and Vocabulary, Business and ESP, Exams and Young Learners, so you’ll always find what you’re looking for. Check the LLC Databases and Journals Word Document for more information around logging in.
- English Language and Linguistics
- English Language and Linguistics is an international journal which focuses on the description of the English language within the framework of contemporary linguistics. The journal is concerned equally with the synchronic and the diachronic aspects of English language studies and publishes articles of the highest quality which make a substantial contribution to our understanding of the structure and development of the English language.
- ELT Journal
- ELT Journal is a quarterly publication for all those involved in the field of teaching English as a second or foreign language. The Journal links the everyday concerns of practitioners with insights gained from related academic disciplines such as applied linguistics, education, psychology, and sociology. (Full text March 2010 to present available)
- Journal of College Teaching and Learning
- The Journal of College Teaching and Learning (TLC) publishes papers that significantly contribute to the understanding of all aspects of teaching and learning issues and related fields. Using a wide range of research methods including statistical analysis, analytical work, case studies, field research and historical analysis, articles examine significant research questions from a broad range of perspectives. The intent of TLC is to publish papers that significantly contribute to the knowledge of teaching & learning at all levels. (Full text October 2009-present available.)
The Writing Process