Carlo Domingo Casinto
Tutor - FOBL ENG BBUS
Prior to his academic appointment in Bahrain Polytechnic, Dr. Carlo Domingo Casinto had worked in various higher education institutions. He taught in Jubail University College in Jubail Industrial City, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia from 2010-2016. He also taught in the University of the Immaculate Conception in Davao City, the Philippines and in Northampton County School in Jackson, North Carolina, USA in 1998 and in 2008 respectively.
Dr. Casinto is a certified professional teacher, but has worked as English Language Teaching (ELT) content and pedagogy editor/consultant of St. Francis Scholastic Publications, an academic publishing company. He holds a bachelor of arts degree in English, a master of arts degree in Teaching English, and a doctorate degree in Educational Leadership.
|2008||PhD Educational Leadership, University of the Immaculate Conception, the Philippines|
|2001||MA Teaching English, Ateneo de Davao University|
|1995||BA English, Notre Dame of Dadiangas University|
2000, Professional Licensure for Teachers, Professional Regulation Commission, the Philippines
|2017-Present||Tutor/Course Coordinator, Bahrain Polytechnic, Bahrain|
|2010 -2016||Lecturer/Course Director, Jubail University College, Saudi Arabia|
|2008 – 2009||Visiting Faculty, Northampton County School, Jackson, N.C., USA.|
|1998 – 2010||Associate Professor/Language Coordinator, University Immaculate Conception, Davao City, the Philippines|
2015-2017, Content/Pedagogy Editor, St Francis Scholastic Publications, the Philippines
Areas of Research Interest
- Instructional Leadership in HEIs
- Outcomes based Education and Assessment
- Metacognitive Intelligence and Writing Proficiency (on-going)
- Casinto, Carlo Domingo, Antoque, Chanda and Victoria Opulencia (2009). Interactive Writing in Business Correspondence and Technical Reports: A Communicative Process. Quezon City: C&E Publishing.
- Casinto, Carlo Domingo (2009). Handbook on Principles of Teaching 1. Quezon City: Rex Publishing Inc.
- Casinto, Carlo Domingo C., (2015). Reading & Writing. Makati City: Megatext Inc.
- Casinto, Carlo Domingo C. (2015). English for Academic and Professional Purpose. Makati City: Megatext Inc.
- Casinto, Carlo Domingo C. (2015). Practical Research 1: Qualitative Research. Makati City: Megatext Inc.
- Member, English Language Teaching Professional Network (ELTPN)-Bahrain, (2017-Present)
- Member, ADTEL (Association for the Development of Teaching Education and Learning), (2015-Present)