Vande Wiele Philippe
Dr. Philippe has extensive teaching experience in the fields of Management and Marketing. He is currently the course coordinator for the Collaborative Industry Projects for final year students in the Marketing Major of the Bachelor in Business programme.
Aside from being a member of the research committee at Bahrain Polytechnic, he is an active academic researcher with areas of interest around Higher Education, Employability and Knowledge Management.
Philippe holds a track record of various publications in academic journals, professional publications and international academic conference proceedings aside from having been involved in expert reviews of textbooks in the fields of marketing and double blinded peer review of academic journal papers.
|2016, (expected graduation)||Phd in Knowledge and Innovation Management, IKI SEA, Bangkok University, Thailand|
|2004||Postgraduate (MSc) in Human Ecology, VUB, Belgium|
|2003||MSc in Commercial Engineering, Solvay Management School, VUB, Belgium|
|2001||Bachelor in Commercial Engineering, Solvay Management School, VUB, Belgium|
|2010||CTTL, Bahrain Polytechnic, Bahrain|
|2004||Environmental Coordinator A, VUB, Belgium|
|2010-present||Tutor, Business School, Bahrain Polytechnic, Bahrain|
|2006-2010||Full time Faculty Member, New York Institute of Technology, Bahrain|
|2004-2005||Teaching Staff, Sanabil Private School, Bahrain|
|2005-present||Board of Directors, Visualantics VZW, Belgium|
|2005-2006||Business Development Manager and Consultant, Gulf Consulting House, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia|
Areas of Research Interest
Higher Education, Employability, Knowledge Management
Phd – in Knowledge and Innovation Management: Maturity modeling to evaluate higher educational efforts towards employability.
Ongoing research project in collaboration with Telecom Business School, Paris, France on Employability and Higher Education.
- Vande Wiele, P. (2009) Exploring the idea of Green Marketing in Bahrain. The need for a CAN-DO Attitude, Position paper, in Proceedings of the 2nd global environment conference & exhibition – Environment Campaign Dynamics, 2009, Banyan Tree Resort and Spa, Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Ribiere, V., Haddad, M., Vande Wiele, P. (2010) The impact of national culture traits on the usage of web 2.0 technologies, VINE, Vol. 40 (3 / 4), pp. 334 – 361. www.emeraldinsight.com/10.1108/03055721011071458
- Kotler & Keller (2011), Marketing Management, Arab World Edition; Schiffman (2012), Consumer Behaviour, Arab World Edition – Member of Expert Review Panel.
- Vande Wiele, P., Lynch, C. (2012), BPFC and Education on Entrepreneurship, poster session in Proceedings of the REE conference, Stanford University, Abu Dhabi Women’s College, Abu Dhabi.
- Vande Wiele, P., Ribiere, V. (2014) Using knowledge visualization techniques to support the development of curriculum for employability: Exploring the capability tree representation, International Journal for Knowledge and Learning, 9 (1-2), 43 – 62. http://www.inderscienceonline.com/doi/abs/10.1504/IJKL.2014.067170
- Vande Wiele, P., Ribiere, V., Ermine, J.L. (2014) A diagnosis framework for preparing future workforce in Higher Education, in Proceedings of the International Knowledge Management Asia Pacific, IKMAP 2014, 9-10 October, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Vande Wiele, P., Khalid, F. Morris, D., Ribiere, V. Ermine, J.L. (2015) Teaching and Learning for Employability – A case of Bahrain Polytechnic – Results presented at the QQA conference Bahrain, 18 – 19 February, Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Vande Wiele, P., Khalid, F. Morris, D., Ribiere, V. Ermine, J.L. (2015) Teaching and Learning for Employability – Triangulating three perspectives. Paper presented at the GECSO Conference 8th Colloquim, 24 – 25 June, Bordeaux, France. Awaiting proceedings.
- Vande Wiele, P., Khalid, F., Ribiere, V., Ermine, J.L. (2015) Employability, a topic for knowledge exchange to strategically positioning Higher Education Institutions, Paper submitted for Review, ICICKM2015, 5 – 6 November, Bangkok, Thailand. (Awaiting review / acceptance)
|2005 – present||Board of Directors, Visualantics VZW, Belgium|