Dr. Fatima Ahmad Wali
Assistant Professor - EDICT English Programme Manager
|2017||PhD in Applied Language and Intercultural Studies||Dublin City University, Ireland|
|2004||Masters Degree in Applied English Language Studies||University of Bahrain, Kingdom of Bahrain|
2013, European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM) Certified Assessor- Quality Management, European Foundation for Quality Management
|2014 – 2015||Certificate for Academic Preparation Programme Manager, Bahrain Polytechnic, Kingdom of Bahrain|
|2010 – 2014||
Bahraini Perspectives Programme Manager, Bahrain Polytechnic, Kingdom of Bahrain
|2004 – 2008||
English Language Lecturer- Medicine and Nursing Coordinator, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Kingdom of Bahrain
Areas of Research Interest
On-line language learning, English as a Second Language, Computer Assisted Language Learning, Interdisciplinary Education, Entrepreneurship Education and Problem Based Learning
Ongoing Problem Based Learning Project- Bahraini Perspectives
Bahraini Perspectives is a course designed aiming at equipping students with the ability to ground students’ studies in a Bahraini context. This course is based on Problem Based Learning strategies that will be employed in teaching it.
By the end of the course, students will be able to evaluate the relationships between Bahrain’s culture and students’ area of study and evaluate the relationships between Bahrain’s well being and students’ area of study. The content of the course changes every semester to suit students’ specialisations.
The course websites are:
- Wali, F. and Blin, F. (2009). Enhancing Arabic Students’ L2 Writing through Computer-Mediated Peer-Reviewing: the Case of Bahraini Learners of English, EUROCALL 2009 Conference: New trends in CALL . Working together, Gandia Campus University
- Huijser, H and Wali, F. (2012). A PBL Approach to Teaching Bahraini Perspectives at Bahrain Polytechnic. In: 3rd International PBL Symposium: PBL and the Problematization of Teaching and Learning 2012, Singapore
- Wali, F; Tabbara, S and Auton, R. (2013). A Collaborative Approach to Interdisciplinary Problem Based learning in Bahrain Polytechnic. In: International Journal of Interdisciplinary Educational Studies- Prague, in-press.
- Wali, F. (2014). Bahrainipreneur: The Effectiveness of Problem Based Entrepreneurship Education for Bahraini Perspectives’ Students. In: International Journal of Interdisciplinary Educational Studies- Athens, in-press.
- Harmes, M., Huijser, H. & Danaher, P. A. (Eds.) (2015). Myths in Education, Learning and Teaching: Policies, Practices and Principles. New York: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Al Daylami, M., Bennison, B., Coutts, C., Hassan, F., Hasan, J., Huijser, H., McLoughlin, B., McMaster, D., & Wali, F. (2015). The Establishment of Bahrain Polytechnic: Assumptions Questioned, Myths Exposed, and Challenges Faced, pp. 114-132.
- Wali, F. & Huijser, H. (2018). Write to improve: exploring the impact of an online feedback tool on Bahraini learners of English. Learning and Teaching in Higher Education: Gulf Perspectives, 15(1). https://doi.org/10.18538/lthe.v15.n1.293
- Wali, F., Alqaidoom, H., & Toworfe, G. (2020). Kahooting: Exploring the Impacts of Game-Based Learning on Bahrain Polytechnic Foundation Students in Information Technology (IT) Courses . Journal of Teaching and Teacher Education , 8(1). doi: 10.12785/jtte/080104
- Alqaidoom, H., Wali, F. & Toworfe, G. (2020). Exploring the Level of Computer Literacy for Candidates in Higher Education: ICDL Programme at Bahrain Polytechnic. International Journal of Engineering and Management Research, 10(6). doi.10.311033/ijemr.10.6.12
- Chair, Bahrain Centre of Excellence Committee, Bahrain Polytechnic, Kingdom of Bahrain (2011-2013)
- Member, Academic Quality Assurance Committee (AQAC), Bahrain Polytechnic, Kingdom of Bahrain (2014-Present)
- Chair, Certificate in Academic Preparation Proramme, Bahrain Polytechnic, Kingdom of Bahrain (2014-Present)
- Member, Humanities Faculty Board, Bahrain Polytechnic, Kingdom of Bahrain (2010-Present)
- Member, General Studies Committee, Bahrain Polytechnic, Kingdom of Bahrain (2012-Present)
- Member, CEO Appeals Committee, Bahrain Polytechnic, Kingdom of Bahrain (2010-2014)
- Member, Scheduling Committee, Bahrain Polytechnic, Kingdom of Bahrain (2014-Present)