We look forward to seeing you again for Semester 2, Academic Year 2015-2016 when classes start on 21 February 2016. Students should read ALL this information carefully and check their emails regularly. Students can only attend classes that they have registered for and are showing on their Timetable in Self Service Banner.
Foundation and Degree Students Course Registration
- Students must register themselves for courses online using SSB, on the dates and times in the table below and as stated in the Online Registration Instructions (PDF).
- The information in the instruction was provided by Faculty. If you believe there are any errors, please advise your Programme Manager.
- For help with Online Registration, watch the video on how to use SSB or come to the SSB tutorial or labs :
- Foundation students can come to campus to use lab 19.112 from 16 to 17 February and for Degree students use the labs 5.19 and 5.20 to register online during the registration period 9 to 18 February.
- Requesting adding seats in full capacity classes students must print and complete the Add & Drop form (see Moodle) and submit to the SIC.
Information on courses offered in Semester 2 is available on SSB from 4 February 2016. Please note there may be changes if required by the Faculty.
Online Registration release details:
Students expecting to graduate at the end of Semester 2, Academic Year 2015-2016 should see their Programme Manager or Academic Adviser and check the courses they require to graduate.
How many credits can students enroll in?
- Students must enroll in at least 15 credits each semester or apply to take a leave of Absence. If they do not, their enrollment will be cancelled for ‘abandoning’ their study.
- Students on Probation cannot register for more than 60 credits. Faculty may lower this limit.
- Most students can register up to 65 Credits.
- Students with a CGPA ≥ 3 OR who are eligible to graduate that semester can register up to 75 Credits by completing and submitting an “Application to Increase Semester Credits”(see Moodle). These can be processed prior to your Programmes registration release date if received.
Add and Drop ends on the 25th of February 2016.
Fees are due in FULL by 2pm on the 3rd of March 2016.
See the Academic Calendar for all dates.
Attendance at 80% of classes is required. Information on the attendance procedures for Semester 2, 2015-16 will be sent prior to the first day of classes.
If your work or health situation has changed, please see:
- Your academic adviser to discuss the courses you plan to enroll in.
- SIC staff for requirements for early registration.