We look forward to seeing you again for Semester 2, Academic Year 2016-2017 when classes start on 19 February 2017. Students should read ALL of the following information carefully and check their email regularly. Students can only attend classes that they have registered for and are showing on their Timetable in Self Service Banner.
Foundation and Degree Students
- Students must register themselves for courses online through SSB, on the dates and times specified in the table below and as stated in the Online Registration Instructions attached
- The information in the instruction was provided by Faculty, if you believe there are any errors, please advise your Programme Manager.
- For help with Online Registration, watch the video on how to use SSB here or visit the SSB tutorial labs :
- Foundation students can come to campus to use lab 19.112 from 15th February and for Degree students can use the labs 5.19 and 5.20 to register online during the registration period from 7th to 16th February.
- To request adding seats in full capacity classes, students must print and complete the Add & Drop form (see Moodle) and submit to the SIC.
Online payment service is now available for students to pay their fees:
- Online payment will be open from 7th February 2017 at 9 am until 2nd March 2017 at 2 pm.
- Students with unpaid fees after 2nd March 2017 will have a late fee applied. Outstanding fees may be paid during the grace period from 5th March 2017 at 12 pm to 9th March 2017 at 2 pm.
- Note: Online payment will be close every day for one hour from 2 pm to 3
Information on courses offered in Semester 2 is available on SSB from 2nd February 2017. Please note that changes may occur if required by the Faculty.
Online Registration release details:
Students expected to graduate at the end of Semester 2, Academic Year 2016-2017 should see their Programme Manager or Academic Advisor and check the courses required to graduate.
How many credits can students enrol in?
- Students must enroll in at least 15 credits each semester or apply to take a leave of Absence. If they do not, their enrolment will be cancelled for ‘abandoning’ their study.
- Students on Probation cannot register for more than 60 credits. Faculty may lower this limit.
- Most students can register up to 65 Credits.
- Students with a CGPA ≥ 3 OR who are eligible to graduate that semester can register up to 75 Credits by completing and submitting an “Application to Increase Semester Credits”(see Moodle). These can be processed prior to your Programmes registration release date if received.
Add and Drop ends on the 23rd February 2017.
Fees are due in FULL by 2 pm on the 2nd of March 2017.
See the Academic Calendar for all dates.
Attendance at 80% of classes is required. Information on the attendance procedures for Semester 2, 2016-17 will be sent prior to the first day of classes.
If your work or health situation has changed, please see:
- Your academic advisor to discuss the courses you plan to enrol in.
- SIC staff for requirements for early registration.