We look forward to seeing you again for Semester 1, Academic Year 2018-2019 when classes start on 16 September 2018. Students should read ALL this information carefully and check their emails regularly. Students can only attend classes that they have registered for and are showing on their Timetable in Self Service Banner.
- Registry will enrol you in the Certificate in Academic Preparation (CAP) programme courses required. Timetables will be released on Self Service Banner on 12 September 2018.
- To add or drop courses, you must see your Programme Manager and complete an Add & Drop form.
- Degree Students must register themselves for courses online using SSB, on the dates and times in the table below and as stated in the Online Registration Instructions.
- The information in the instruction was provided by Faculty, if you believe there are any errors, please advise your Programme Manager.
- For help with Online Registration, watch the video on how to use SSB or come to the SSB tutorial or labs :
- Workshops for new Degree students on online registration will run on 2 September, in labs in building 5 at 10am.
- Students can also come to campus and use the labs 5.19 and 5.20 to register online during the registration period 4- 13 September.
- Online payment service is available for students to pay their fees online starting from:
- Online payment will be open from 4 September at 9am until 30 September.
- Students with unpaid fees after 30 September 2018 their courses will be dropped.
Information on courses offered in Semester 1 is available on SSB from 27 August 2018. Please note there may be changes if required by the Faculty.
Online Registration release details:
Students expecting to graduate at the end of Semester 1, Academic Year 2018-2019 should see their Programme Manager or Academic Advisor and check the courses they require to graduate.
How many credits can students enrol in?
- Students must enroll in at least 15 credits each semester or apply to take a leave of Absence. If they do not, their enrolment will be cancelled for ‘abandoning’ their study.
- Students on Probation cannot register for more than 60 credits. Faculty may lower this limit.
- Most students can register up to 65 Credits.
- Students with a CGPA ≥ 3 OR who are eligible to graduate that semester can register up to 75 Credits by completing and submitting an “Application to Increase Semester Credits”(see Moodle). These can be processed prior to your Programmes registration release date if received.
- Add and Drop ends 24 September 2018.
- Fees are due in FULL 30 September 2018.
- See the Academic Calendar for all dates.
Attendance at 80% of classes is required. For more information check Online Registration Instructions.