Dr. Amani Shajera
Academic Qualifications Obtained
|2021||PhD Business and Management, The University of Nottingham, UK|
|2008||MSc, Total Quality and Performance Management, Bradford University, UK|
|2005||BA Multimedia Computing, The University of Sunderland, UK.|
|2022||Associate Fellow, Higher Education Academy, UK|
|2022||Certificate in Tertiary Teaching and Learning, Bahrain Polytechnic, Bahrain|
|2010||Certified EFQM Assessor Trainer, Awarded by EFQM, Brussels|
|2008||Certified Black Belt in Six Sigma Quality, Harrington Institute Inc, USA.|
|2008||Certified Green Belt in Six Sigma Quality, Harrington Institute Inc, USA.|
|2021-Present||Assistant Professor Bahrain Polytechnic (Management/HR)|
|2020 –2021||Instructor (Part-time)-Organisational Behaviour , University of Bahrain|
|2020||Guest Lecture, International HRM (MSc), Loughborough University.|
|2019- 2020||Teaching assistant, Organisational Behaviors and International Business, The University of Nottingham.|
|2019||Teaching assistant, MBA program, London Business School (LBS).|
|2018-2019||Guest Lecture, International Business (MSc), The University of Nottingham.|
|2013- 2017||Lecturer Teaching and marking (Introduction to Business Administration- Organisation and Management- Marketing Management ), University of Bahrain|
Relevant Industry Expertise
|2014-2018||Head of Studies and Research Department, Supreme Council for Women, Bahrain.|
|2009-2014||Head of Quality Assurance Unit, QAAC, University of Bahrain, Bahrain.|
|2005-2009||Multimedia Specialist, Ministry of Education, Bahrain.|
Areas of Research Interest
- Human Resource Management and International HRM
- International management and international Business
- Emerging markets
- Institutional theory
- Qualitative research methods
- Emerging and Developed Markets (China & UK)
- AlBastaki, Y., Shajera, A., 2013, Edited Book, “Building Competitive Public Sector with Knowledge Management Strategy”, IGI Publisher, USA.
- Shajera, A., Kamoche, K., and Feng, Y. 2022, Chinese MNCs in the UK: Current and Future Directions of IHRM, Forthcoming Handbook of Chinese Business and Management, Routledge, London
- Shajera, A., Y. AlBastaki, Y. (2013), Organisational Readiness for Knowledge Management” in Building a Competitive Public Sector with Knowledge Management Strategy, Yousif AlBastaki, Amani Shajera Eds, IGI Global, pp. 104-117, 2014
- Shajera, A., Kamoche, K., and Feng, Y. 2020, HRM Practices orientations in Chinese Multinational Corporations in the UK, IHRM 2020, Paris
- Shajera, A. 2019, ‘Institutional and subsidiaries actors: A multilevel analysis of HRM practices in Chinese MNCs in the UK’, working paper BAM Conference, Birmingham, UK.
- Shajera, A. 2019, Actors and HRM practices in emerging market MNCs’, 35th European Group for Organization studies annual conference, Edinburgh, UK.
- Shajera, A. 2019, ‘Actors and HRM practices in Chinese MNCs subsidiaries: A Conceptual Model’, 3rd HR Division International Conference 2019 (AoM), Dublin, Ireland.
- Shajera, A. 2018, ‘Institutional and subsidiaries actors: A multilevel analysis of HRM practices in Chinese MNCs in the UK’, British Academy of Management Conference and Doctoral Symposium, Bristol, UK.
- Shajera, A., 2013, The relationship between the human resource management practices and employees’ performance, Joint Congress of IIAS-IASIA, Manama, Bahrain.
- Al-Bastaki, Y., Shajera, A. 2012, Organisational readiness for knowledge management: University of Bahrain case study. Proceedings of the European Conference on Knowledge Management, ECKM, 1, pp. 28–36
Boards, Advisory committees, Professional organizations
- 2022:Business School Program committee (Deputy Chair)
- 2022:Business and Logistic faculty committee (member)
- 2022:Quality Coordinator for Business and Logistic Faculty
- 2017: Bahrain eGovernment Award.
- 2017: HRH Princess Sabeeka’s Award for Productive Families.
- 2016-2017: Program Advisory Committee, Department of Management and Marketing, College of Business Administration, University of Bahrain.
- 2009 – 2011: United Nations for Industrial Development Organisation UNIDO.
- 2010: Bahrain Centre for Excellence, Prime Minister’s Court.
Academic And Professional Membership
- Academy of Management (2018- present)
- European Group for Organizational Studies (2018- present)
- British Academy of Management (2018- present)
- Academy of International Business (2018- present)
- The British Universities Industrial Relations Association (2018- present)
- Member of Rising Talents Network Women’s Forum for the Economy and Society, France (2016- present)