This announcement concerns graduates only.
Congratulations on graduating, we hope you will attend the next Graduation Ceremony on 20th March (morning). Graduates wanting to attend the ceremony must:
- Confirm your attendance Online and pay the fee to purchase/ rent your cap and gown (from 1pm on 7th March to 2pm on 14th March 2019).
- Collect your Graduation Gown and Cap on Tuesday 12th to Thursday 14th March 2019 (see details below).
- Attend the rehearsal (on Saturday, 16th March 2019 from 3 PM – 6 PM).
- Attend the Graduation Ceremony on 20th March (8am-12pm)
If your friends did not receive this by email, please forward it so they can register.
- Confirm your attendance at the Graduation Ceremony online:
Log into SSB using this link to register and pay the online fee for your gown and cap (this link will be active for you to login from 1pm on 7th March to 2pm on 14th March 2019).
- Complete the online form.
- Pay the online fee 55 BHD for the Gown and Cap purchase/rental fee (see the refund details below).
- Print the relevant document(s) – Confirmation; Receipt; and Letter for employer.
You can see the documents again by logging into SSB again.
Please note that we can NOT print forms and letters in the gown room 8.19.
2. Collect your Graduation Gown and Cap, and have your letter stamped in room 8.19 on:
- 12th March, Tuesday: 10 am – 7 pm.
- 13th March, Wednesday: 9 am – 3 pm
- 14th March, Thursday: 9 am – 3 pm
Bring ALL the completed forms & your Receipt.
Student Services can stamp the letter for your employer.
If you cannot come to the Polytechnic yourself, a delegate can do it for you, see below for details.
See Registry if you want to update or change your Name – remember you need a valid passport.
Delegating someone to confirm and collect your Gown and Cap:
If you are unable to collect your gown and cap in person, but will attend the Ceremony and rehearsal, your DELEGATE must bring the paperwork in and collect your gown and cap on one of the days stated above. They must bring their CPR or photo ID and complete the process.
Please send us an email to Graduation@polytechnic.bh stating:
- Your name, CPR, Student ID, current phone and email;
- Your delegates name and CPR number (spouse, parent or guardian). They must submit your signed forms, to collect the cap and gown for you.
If you already have a gown and cap:
- Email us to tell us.
- Complete the confirmation form (that will be emailed to you), and submit the form on 12-14 March timing details above
- If you need letter for your employer – Registry can provide that by email, but if you come in during working hours (before 2.30 pm) they may be able to print it.
There is no Fee if you have a Polytechnic CAP and GOWN (from a previous graduate), but your Gown and Cap must be the correct size and in good condition. The declaration states if they are not, you will not be allowed to walk across the stage at graduation so please check carefully or bring them in so we can check for you!
3. Graduation Rehearsal
Attendance at the practice at the Sh. Abdulaziz Hall, University of Bahrain in Sakhir is compulsory. The rehearsal date will be on Saturday, 16 March 2019 from 3 PM – 6 PM.
Tickets for the Ceremony will be issued at this rehearsal. The number of tickets will be based on the number of confirmed graduates attending (we expect this year it will be three per graduate).
4. Graduation Ceremony and Dress Code
On 20th March, Wednesday, you need to be seated by 8am in the hall.
Dress formally for the ceremony. Under your gown, you must wear:
- White thobe, ghutra and agal; OR
- Formal suit with a white shirt and a tie.
- Black abaya with black shaila or hijab; OR
- Formal suit with a white shirt.
5. Gown and CAP rental fee refund – issued 24th or 25th March 2019 to 2pm ONLY
A partial refund of 30BHD may be issued ONLY on the return dates – 24th or 25th March 2019 from 9am to 2pm.
- To get a refund you must return the CAP and GOWN to Building 8.19 in good condition. The gown must have been cleaned (a cleaning receipt is required). Please note gown return ends at 1pm to allow time for graduates or their delegates to go to Finance for processing of the refund before the 2pm closing.
- Student Services will complete and issue your form for you to take to Finance (B.11).
- Finance will ONLY issue a refund on 24th or 25th March 2019 from 9am to 2pm.
- There will be NO refunds available after this date or out of these times.
- Your Receipt must be provided with the form to be eligible for refund.
Any gown NOT returned during this period is considered purchased.
6. Collection of your Certificate AFTER the ceremony:
Registry will send details by email AFTER the ceremony when the certificates are ready.
If you have any questions, please email us.
We look forward to seeing you again and celebrating your achievements.