The “Year 4 Project Exhibition” took place on Wednesday, 7th of January, 2015 at the Bahrain Polytechnic Campus, where students had the chance to showcase their projects developed throughout the semester to various businesses.
This year, the School of BICT (Bachelor’s of Information and Communication Technology) and Web Media showcased more than 55 projects including software, mobile apps, networking, infrastructure, games, security, and web-based applications.
Around 460 people attended the exhibition, including Bahrain Polytechnic‘s industry partners who spent an ample amount of time examining the projects and enjoying the hands-on experience of using the products.
The demonstrated projects were developed throughout the semester following industry standards and various methodologies within the in-house ‘Cooperative Learning’, ‘Applied Research’ and ‘Community Project’ courses.
Bahrain Polytechnic’s Acting CEO, Dr. Mohamed Al Aseeri, believes students should be given the opportunity to present their work, especially since their projects will be observed by many of the Polytechnic’s industry partners.
“Their [the students] efforts should not go unnoticed. Since these projects are developed using our problem-based learning approach (a teaching method which focuses on practical learning), they will surely get the experience to develop more bigger and professional projects which can benefit Bahrain in the future.
“We want our students to be work-ready upon graduation, which falls under the goals of Bahrain’s 2030 Vision and the government work plan 2015-2018.” added the Acting CEO.
Five students were awarded the ‘Project of the Year’ awards by major category from Bahrain Polytechnic:
- Gamers Heaven Ecommerce, Mohamed Abdulredha Tarada
- Canteen Ordering Management Kit, Husam Mohamed Yusuf
- Mobile Project and Time Sheets Management System, Ahmed Saeed
- An Investigaion on the Performance Mobile Ad-hoc Networks (MANETs), Abdulla Hasan
- Pillox (Infographics) Instructional Video, Kawthar Adnan
Three projects received high public vote scores and were granted awards by Bab Al Bahrain:
- Iclinic Health2 Reconciliation, Husain Husain
- School Bus Tracking System, Alaa Ahmed Almahmeed
- Research Document Management System, Noora Yaseen Albalooshi