The “Graduate recruitment campaign 2014” event is the second annual event of its kind which is prepared, organized and hosted by the Career & employment centre at Bahrain polytechnic.
The event which is one of a kind in Bahrain was held on June 25th in building 16 at Bahrain Polytechnic campus. In this event around 50 near graduates from different majors had the opportunity to meet with prospective employers, hiring managers and representatives from various sectors in Bahrain to present their experiences, achievements and skills on stage during the five-hour event.
In the event, some near graduates have presented ‘elevator pitch’ which is developed by each student to briefly sell the benefits that they will bring to an employer in only 2 minutes. This was followed by individual interviews with the companies.
This was the second time for CEC to host an event to promote graduates, and the plan is to have this event run yearly.
CEC were happy to get great help and support from the BPSC students council team who had representatives who attended the event, welcomed employers and helped CEC team to run things very smoothly during the 5 hours event.
Over a 100 companies were invited to join the event to see potentials of our graduates, 24 companies have confirmed and registered to attend. 21 companies were present in the event including: Citi Bank, Standard Chartered Bank, HUAWEI, Ericsson, GARMCO, GPIC, Gulf Air, E.K. Kanoo, Yokogawa, Four Seasons, The Ritz Carlton, APM Terminals, SAMENA Avionics, AIRMECH, Al Nooh Wood design, British language centre, Third Wave international, Al Moalem Institute, AlAtheer Audit and consulting and Gulf Pros Training Institute.
The Graduate recruitment event was perceived positively by both employers and students alike. Comments from employers:
- “It was a pleasure to join you yesterday at the Career Day to meet with your graduates at your Campus. I was impressed with the level of knowledge and exposure these students have compared to many other peers in other universities here in Bahrain. I can notice clearly the school efforts in getting these future generations ready to start their career path in different field in their society”
- “I would like to thank all of you and your team of staff who played their part in making the Careers Fair on the 25th June, the success it was.We are delighted that we took part as we interviewed 32 Bahrain Poly students, and will revert back to you in Sept. to fill other vacant positions”
- “Quality of students is excellent, never seen fresh graduates with these realistic market expectations”
- “I personality liked everything about this event. It’s great, it’s fantastic … I have to say that polytechnic students are the best”
- “Well organized…”
- “I think students have high potentials”
Comments from students:
- “It’s really helpful & good opportunity for us to look for a job in such respectful companies”
- “It’s rewarding to be part if this event, love the idea of it”
- “I think this event is very successful …”
Comments from staff:
- “Great e-portfolio presentations”
- “Very well done! Excellent program & very well organized”
- “very professional way of conducting the events