Dr. Mohamed AlJerjawi
Assistant Professor/Program Manager
|2012||Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, University of Montreal, Electrical & Computer Engineering Dept., Montreal, Canada|
|2006||M.A.Sc. in Electrical Engineering , Concordia University, Electrical & Computer Engineering Dept., Montréal, Canada|
|2003||B.Eng. in Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering, Major: Telecommunications , Arab Academy for Science and Technology and Maritime Transport, Cairo, Egypt.|
|2015||Assistant Professor, Electronics Program, College of Engineering, Design, Information and Communication Technologies, Bahrain Polytechnc, Bahrain|
|2013-2015||Assistant Professor, College of Engineering and Information and Communication Technology, Al Ain University of Science and Technology, Al Ain, UAE|
|2008-2012||Research and Teaching Assistant, Polytechnique Center for Advanced Telecommunications and Microwave Research, University of Montréal, Québec, Canada|
|2004-2006||Research and Teaching Assistant, Electrical & Computer Engineering Dept., Concordia University, Montréal, Québec, Canada.|
|2011-2013||RF Systems Design Engineer, Rogers Communications Inc., Canada|
|2010-2011||RF Support Engineer, iBwave Solutions Inc., Canada|
|2006-2008||Network Administrator, Superclick Networks Inc. (acquired by AT&T), Canada|
Areas of Research Interest
Signal processing for wireless communications; Space-Time Coding; Modeling, Estimation, Equalization and Prediction of fading channels; MIMO and other multiple-antenna systems; Adaptive transmission and reception techniques; Multiuser Detection; RF design of wireless systems.
1. M. AlJerjawi and W. Hamouda, “Performance Analysis of Multiuser DS-CDMA in MIMO Systems Over Rayleigh Fading Channels,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, pp. 1480–1493, 2008.
2. W. Hamouda and M. AlJerjawi, “A transmit diversity scheme using space –time spreading for DS-CDMA systems in Rayleigh fading channels,” in Proc. IEEE Veh. Technol. Conf (VTC’05)., pp. 147–151, Sep. 2005.
3. M. AlJerjawi and W. Hamouda, “Performance of space –time spreading in multiuser DS-CDMA systems over fast-fading channels,” in Proc. IEEE Global Telecommun. Conf.(GLOBECOMM’05) , pp. 1525–1529, Nov./Dec. 2005.
4. M. AlJerjawi and W. Hamouda, “Performance Analysis of Space-Time Diversity in Multiuser CDMA Systems over Fading Channels,” in Proc. IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC ’06) , pp. 5622–5627, June 2006.
5. M. AlJerjawi and W. Hamouda, “Performance Analysis of Transmit Diversity in Multiuser DS-CDMA Systems Over Quasi- Static Fading Channels ,” in Proc. IEEE Veh. Technol. Conf. (VTC’06), pp. 1–4, Sep. 2006.
6. M. AlJerjawi and W. Hamouda, “Performance Analysis of Multiuser MIMO CDMA Systems in Fast-Fading Channels,” in Proc. IEEE Global Telecommun. Conf.(GLOBECOMM’06) , pp. 1–6, Nov./Dec. 2006.
7. M. AlJerjawi and W. Hamouda, “Multiuser Detection in MIMO DS-CDMA Systems Over Slow-Fading Channels,” in Proc. IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC’06) , pp. 1–6, 2006.
8. S. Tatu, M. AlJerjawi, R. Bosisio, and K. Wu, “Multi-port Receiver and Transmitter state-of-the-art and Applications,” in Proc. IEEE International Northeast Conference on Circuits and Systems (NEWCAS’08), pp. 371–374, 2008.
9. M. AlJerjawi, Y. Xu, C. Nerguizian, C. Caloz, K. Wu, and R. Bosisio, “UWB Wave -Radio,” Software-Defined Radio Forum (SDR’08), 2008.
10. Y. Xu, M. AlJerjawi, C. Caloz, K. Wu, C. Nerguizian and R. Bosisio, “Multiple Access Coding Interferometers in Wave- Radio,” IET Microwaves, Antennas and Propagation, pp. 1007–1010, 2009.
11. M. AlJerjawi, C. Nerguizian, R. Bosisio, Y. Xu, C. Caloz and K. Wu, “Wave-Radio Interferometer Transceiver for UWB,” in Proc. IEEE International Microwave Symposium Digest(MTT’09), pp. 13–16, 2009.
12. M. AlJerjawi, Y. Xu, C. Nerguizian, and R. Bosisio, “Wave-Radio Transceiver in Realistic UWB Fading Channels,” in Proc. IEEE International Conference on Wireless and Mobile Communications (ICWMC’10), pp. 457–460, 2010.
13. H. Alaeddine, M. AlJerjawi, C. Nerguizian, and R. Bosisio, “A New Processing Hardware for Six-Port Receiver in Wave- Radio,” in Proc. IEEE Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering (CCECE’11) , pp. 102–106, 2011.
14. M. AlJerjawi, Y. Xu, C. Nerguizian, and R. Bosisio, “OFDM-UWB MIMO Transceiver Implementation in Realistic Fading Channels,” to appear in Proc. IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC’2011).
1. Member of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
2. Member of ABET Accreditation Committee, Al Ain University of Science and Technology
3. Member of Networks and Communications Engineering Program Committee, Al Ain University of Science and Technology
4. Member of Engineering Quality Assurance Committee, Al Ain University of Science and Technology
5. Member of Course Curriculum Committee, Al Ain University of Science and Technology
6. Member of Electronics Engineering Program Committee, Bahrain Polytechnic
7. Member of EDICT Faculty Board, Bahrain Polytechnic
8. Member of Multidisciplinary Programs, Bahrain Polytechnic
9. Member of New Engineering Programs Development Committee, Bahrain Polytechnic