We are glad to announce that Nominations for Bahrain Polytechnic Student Council (BPSC) 2017 are open.
BPSC are the elected representatives who help shape the future of the Bahrain Polytechnic for the next year.
Nominations are open 12 -23 March for any eligible student (see the criteria below) who would like to run for the BPSC elections;
If you have any questions, please see the current BPSC.
To apply: Send the completed forms to the following email: BPSC.firstname.lastname@example.org and submit a hard copy to Catherine Walker in 8.04 from 12 -23 March 2017.
BPSC candidate eligibility conditions (all criteria must be met):
- A current valid student
- Have a good biography with no disciplinary penalties for any violation of the Bahrain Polytechnic Code of Conduct
- Have completed at least 100 credit hours
- Not under any academic probation
- Not a member of any associated body outside Bahrain Polytechnic that practices the same activities or seeks to achieve the same goals
Other Key dates:
26, 27 March
- The Elections Committee review the applications of all nominees
- All nominees are informed.
- Approved nominees move on to the next stage – campaigning;
Election Campaigns: 28 March till 3 April
- All approved candidates may run an Election Campaign, according the rules and guidelines attached, from Tuesday 28 March- Monday 3th of April;
- All approved candidates will be asked to make a 7 minute presentation on Tuesday 29th March 2015 to all the students about their campaign and take questions;
- All campaigns will end on Tuesday 5th of April. No campaigning is allowed on Elections Day;
Voting: 5 April (8 am) to 6 April (3.30 pm)
- All students are expected to vote in the election via MOODLE.
- Voting opens at 8 am on Wednesday 5th April
- Voting closes at 3.30 pm on Thursday, 6th April